Monday, October 20, 2014

Cayenne Pepper Oil

Cayenne Pepper Oil


I wanted to share how I make and use cayenne pepper oil.   I really love this on muscles that are sore (or injured), and I also rub this on my back , belly, as well and when my gallbladder acts up I rub a little on there too. It feels awesome!  And if you make it real mild it is not overly heating and feels really good (even in summer).  There is tons of uses for this, so I am just mentioning a few. It was Dr. Christopher's (one of at least) favorite medicines. 

Supplies:


2 or 3 cayenne peppers (you could use powder I guess, I just grow them so I use them this way) *
½ cup of Olive oil. You don’t want it fire engine strong. So be mindful of that and keep an eye out. 

* Note if you use powder use about 1 TBS of to same amount of oil.

Directions:


I chop up the peppers and let them sit for about 10 minutes.  (you may want to use gloves if you like)
I add the pepper pieces and olive oil in a pan.
I put these two in a double boiler (with your water in the bottom pan)
I put this on low to low med. Temperature.  WATCH IT at first make sure it is not too high.
I let this macerate on low for a while. I never really time it, I just smell and taste here and there.  It should be garlicky.
Then I strain off the peppers and add it to a clean glass jar and put it in the refrigerator for storage. 

You could also just let the peppers sit in the oil and use solar infusion.  I have done this as well and it is very nice.

USE:

I don’t refrigerate mine, but you can if you like.  I use it quite a bit so it’s never gone bad sitting out (certainly if it does you want to discard it) or you may refrigerate if you like.

I use this on my back (around the kidney area) and on my legs for circulation.  I also use it on my lower abdomen for female circulation and my gallbladder area. Keep it away from your eyes, cuts, etc.  I have also added it to salve for muscle soreness or used it by itself for that. You could add a few drops of EO if you wanted, but I don’t, personally,  I like it plain.