Saturday, October 31, 2015

Botanical Perfume Benefits

Botanical Perfume Benefits



Unlike synthetic perfumes, which cause some people to react (MCS or asthmatics, for example) in negative way to the chemicals and synthetics that are used in perfumery,  botanical or plant based perfumes seem to be very tolerable among most sensitive individuals.  Beyond being 'tolerable' botanical perfumes adjusts to your body chemistry, so people who may have trouble finding the 'right' perfume for them often find love for botanical perfumes. I have been told by several people that they could not find a perfume that works with their chemistry only to be elated a overjoyed by using my botanical perfumes. 

But, can botanical perfume really be considered therapy or beneficial? When I first began making perfume I would have said, no this is for fun and enjoyment only, or everyone likes smell good stuff but it’s a waste of time, money and energy. My cynicism had arisen after years of smelling people OVER use of synthetic perfumes (and those still bother me). Everywhere I went I was getting slammed with other people’s smells and it made it difficult for me to breathe. However, after I created my scent (EarthKeeper) I fell in love with it and began to feel a little less cynical about perfumes, but I realized all this time what I needed was to explore botanical perfumes. The more I started using them and the more people started buying my perfumes and using them, and reporting back on them I started to see things a little differently.  Then one day it hit me; why not make the perfume to do both, smell good and be therapeutic.  So I created Bergamot Uplifting as a mood elevator botanical perfume. I started getting more and more feedback from this perfume and others I started creating for different purposes. Many people started telling me the perfume makes them feel energized, happy, relaxed, 'in the mood.' One lady told me, ‘this perfume helps me get through my day at my so-so job.'  So I started rethinking the question. So while a few years ago I would have scoffed at that question about botanical perfume being beneficial, now I am realizing we can have the best of both worlds.  We can smell and feel good at the same time with botanical perfumes. 



You can find my perfumes at www.mawmawkelli.com 
Look for new scents being released soon!!! 
Are you looking for some scents for gift giving for the Holidays? Candy Cane and Enchanted Forest   are two of my pics for the gift giving season! 
Johnnie's Songbird is also popular for gif giving!